Home > News > NK Human Rights Issues

Date : May 27, 2019
North Korean trader in China in precarious situation
   https://www.dailynk.com/english/north-korean-trader-in-china-expresses [1020]
North Korean trader in China expresses concerns about his own precarious situation

North Korean workers in China facing visa denials or restrictions on their sojourn periods are being forced to return home, according to an affected source in China.

A North Korean trader in Liaoning Province recently told Daily NK by phone that Chinese authorities are demanding that all North Korean workers return home.

I do business in Liaoning Province. China is making a big fuss and ordering us out [of the country] and now my Chinese visa has almost expired. But few North Koreans actually care about their visa status in China. China telling us to leave and its making me really angry and annoyed, he said.

A lot of people are returning home. This happened in the past, but this time is different. I asked a North Korean customs official and he said that half of the North Koreans in Dandong have left. Thats a huge number of people. Those who remain are worried about their status here. People who work in China generally have debts to pay back. I sometimes wonder if China is trying to destroy North Korea. ......

[Source: Daily NK]

Prev  Next